Saturday, May 29, 2010

Weight loss: Quick update

OK, as of yesterday I finished 6 weeks on this diet, and have lost 8kg. And, bear in mind, that involves absolutely NO exercise of any kind and there were days when I was in SG (where I did not have my kitchen, or my scales, or my planned food at hand), and I was out and about quite a bit, even in KL, meeting friends for lunches and dinners.

Basically, when out and about anywhere, I do the following:
- I still take my crackers and fruit rations with me (so that I am not tempted to eat other carbs, and I dont forget my fruit),
- I always carry a large bottle of water with me (so I keep drinking all the time),
- I stick with low fat yoghurt for breakfast (no cooking required!!, and small packs of yoghurt are easily available at any supermarket)
- For main meals I make sure I just eat seafood OR beef OR chicken with veg and...
- ... I do not eat any veg that is not on my allowed list
- ... I ask for any dressings to be "on the side" (and then I don't add it into the meal!)
- ... I do not worry too much about portion sizes when out - I eat what my stomach is comfortable with, and if there is a lot left over, I will ask the restaurant to doggy bag it for my next meal.

And, so far, so good. Weight loss still consistent. No increase in weight with any of my 'deviations'.

NOTE: Do NOT give in to the temptation to eat cakes, sweets, desserts, ice creams, etc, of ANY sort. That is the surest way to destroy the diet!

I am very lucky that I do not have a sweet tooth (my husband was the one with the incredible sweet tooth, but he never had a weight problem), so staying away from sweet stuff is easy. I have to be more careful to stay away from the spicy and savoury stuff (like curry puffs, or samosa's :-D ).

For those of my friends who are actually giving this diet (Cohen's lifestyle diet) a go, ALL THE BEST!!!
For those of you who are still thinking about it - I DO recommend it. It WORKS... but know that you have to be disciplined and strong enough to resist temptations.

For those of you who have no weight problems in the first place- good for you!!

And, for everyone, have a GREAT weekend.

1 comment:

Sarah Mitchell said...

Hi Sheila,

I stopped by to check out your blog. I was delighted to see you live in K.L. and work in the technology industry. It's a small world. I spent 20 years in IT and lived in KL from 99-02.

I like your blog.