Sunday, July 17, 2011

The ongoing KITCHEN saga!

Well, what is there to say really? Yes, it is still a mess... BUT slightly 'less' of a mess! Walls have taken shape; the roof tiles are going into place; a lot (not all) of the demolished rubbish has been cleared out; plastering of the walls should start this week; some of the piping has gone in already for laundry area, parents new bathroom, etc; door frames and window frames are in place already.

This week - plastering to start; final measurements for kitchen cabinets to be done; roof tiles to be completed; floor tiles for kitchen to be selected; plug point locations to be finalised. There will be other tasks done as well, but these are the major things that I can think of for now. Also got to sort out lights for the kitchen, maids room, and parents room. Paint colours, bathroom fittings, etc. The original estimate for getting all this completed was 5 weeks... but it looks like that is definitely not going to happen as we are heading into the 5th week and there is still so much to be done! Completion is more likely to be 1st or 2nd week of August... sigh... I know I am the one who decided to do this, but I can't WAIT to have it over - I HATE THE MESS! And, of course, am looking forward to having SPACE in the kitchen - enough to unpack all my late husbands kitchen stuff which has been in packing boxes since last year! And it will be great to have space enough to do my baking without feeling like I am squashed into one tiny corner :-D.

Anyway, check out these pictures - taken a few days ago...

- This is the new back door to the kitchen. I am standing outside, looking at the door. The window on the left is the window for the new room for the maid (assuming we get a full time maid in future!)

- Here I am in the kitchen (near to what will be the entrance into the kitchen) looking all the way down the length of the kitchen to the back wall.

- My little OVEN used to be on this wall!

- And the tiny space that I had to do my bakery prep used to be here!!! Looks REALLY surreal with that toilet sitting there :-p... and in case you are wondering, No, this is not a new idea in kitchen design! That toilet will make its way to my parents new bathroom soon :-D

- Here I am still inside the kitchen, looking at the back door of the kitchen (on the left) and the door to the maids room (on the right).

I hope by the time I take my next round of pictures you will see huge improvements in the whole area. Right now, it still looks like a bomb-site that has only been partially cleared :-).

Anyway, we shall see how it goes, so, till next time, have a good day, every day!

No comments: