Yes, I did surprise myself greatly! I am not someone who goes for rallies, demonstrations, et al. I am SO not someone who gets 'involved'. I am so NOT an activist of any kind! I am not pro-Pakatan as such. I am not anti-BN as such. Both sides have the good, the bad, and the ugly. What I am FOR, however, is CLEAN AND FAIR ELECTIONS... and this is not possible right now, especially with the latest 8 laws just rammed recently through Parliament.
-I am against gerrymandering.
-I am against the handing out of Malaysian citizenship to illegal immigrants.
-I am against fraudulent postal votes, and double voting.
-I am against the fact that overseas Malaysians are not able to vote.
-I am against government-mandated thugs beating up any and all who don't kow-tow to the government.
-I cannot believe that, in this day and age of hi-tech, the EC is not able to clean the voter roll.
-I cannot believe that young Malaysians cannot vote until they are 21.
-I cannot believe that it takes 3 months to register a new voter.
-I cannot believe that the government is not taking any REAL and CREDIBLE action to rectify the key issues raised by Bersih 2.0 last year
-I cannot believe that our prime minister declares that we are a true democracy, and then stifles all opposition as much as possible.
-I cannot accept that our prime minister preaches moderation and then practices, through his lackeys, extremism.
-I cannot accept that people from the incumbent government, and from Utusan, can spew all kinds of seditious and inflammatory CRAP and nobody takes action, but when any OTHERS (not in the above mentioned groups) say ANYTHING a million police reports are made against them and, in some cases, even arrested despite not having said or done anything wrong.
-I cannot accept that so many people have died in police and MACC custody and no action is taken against those culpable. How long before it is you or I in that position and we also die?
So my question is: WHY is it that the current government is so scared of real democracy? If, as you feel, you are the BEST to govern this country then, in a free and fair elections, if you really ARE the best, you will be voted in without any problem. Right? By showing your fear by trying to oppress the (LEGAL) citizens of this beautiful country of ours, you are showing that you are NOT interested in free and fair elections. Which leads many of us normal citizens to come to the simple conclusion that the elections are NOT free and fair!
With the actions that you have taken recently to beat up and bully any and all who seem to be standing up for themselves, you have shot yourselves in the foot (and in the head). Do you think the recently beaten up university students are going to go back to their kampongs and tell their families in rural Malaysia that the government is doing a good job? Do you think the recently tear-gassed and water-cannoned makciks and pakciks are going to go home and say that the government is doing a good job?
If you (the PM and current government) had allowed Bersih 3.0 to use Dataran Merdeka, and had not resorted to tear gas, water cannons and physical intimidation by the police and FRU, you would have come out of this whole situation looking like true statesmen, and you would have won a lot of credit. Instead, you have made yourselves look like bullies and thugs, afraid of your own citizens. You may still win at the next elections - but your majority will be far reduced, and in the next elections after that, there is a very HUGE likelihood that you will not only LOSE, but you will lose extremely badly.
And, seriously, do you think that publishing your doctored videos and photos is really going to prove anything when there are so many alternative ways in which the people who attended Bersih 3.0 can put up their own photos and videos (UN-doctored) to show what REALLY happened? Do you think that intelligent people actually believe the one-sided and half-told stories printed in the main stream media?
So, to all my friends, prepare yourselves to vote in the upcoming elections. Do not vote because you are bribed to vote. If someone hands you money - yep, feel free to take it - as it is after all our own tax money being handed back to you.
But do not vote BECAUSE of the bribe. VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE.
And it does not matter whether your conscience tells you to vote for BN or Pakatan - Just VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE!!
Enough said.
Till next time, have a good day everyone.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
10 years ago
1 comment:
Hello, I came across your blog through google while searching for chocolate mandolas. Turned out that you attended a Academy of Pastry Arts course as well. Me too! Now 3rd month into my 6 months. I looked through your posts and realise they seemed to teach your class more recipes during your time! And I think I may have seen you. During Guillaume and Niklesh's birthday BBQ, you arrived with Frederic, his wife and another lady? I was the guy in a red shirt that briefly sat beside Frederic.
Anyway, I was prompted to write this note as I found your Feb 14 2012 post very heartwarming. I appreciate your sharing on what is true love and it will be an inspiration for me.
Have a good day.
Huai Chien
Post a Comment