... for the long break since my last posting in July. A lot has happened, and time has flown past. To summarise:
- In June my tenant moved out, leaving my apartment in quite a big mess! Luckily it was a company lease and I was able to claim back a lot of the cost of repairs.
- Also in June I decided to sell off my Singapore car (the Subaru Forester). Was really sad to sell it, but no choice really, as it just cost too much to keep paying the road tax and insurance in Singapore (approximately RM8000 per year!).
- In July, thanks to the efforts of another wonderful real estate agent, I got a buyer for the apartment, and with the help of an amazing lawyer, and the co-operation of the buyers, we were able to get the S&P signed by end July.... and this was important because...
- ... on Aug 1st I left for Europe! Was in Netherlands to 1st Sept (Sneek, then 2 weeks sailing around the southern part of the Netherlands, then back to Sneek, then off to Den Haag for the last few days). From the Netherlands went to the UK - London first, then to France (Toulouse, and the Pyrenees), then back to London, on to Wales, then to Warrington, back to London, then to Belfast, then back to London, then HOME SWEET HOME! Landed back in KL on 26th Sept.
- Responded to a 'love letter' from the Tax Dept, which had come in on 4th Sept (while I was in London), which said that I had calculated my tax wrongly. So recalculated (was out by RM180.96!!), paid, re-sent the forms, and a week later get a letter saying I am penalised for having submitted my tax late!! Now going through the wonderful process of proving that I actually submitted and paid (and they RECEIVED) before end-April. Process not over yet... watch this space!
- Bought a new car - the Nissan X-Gear. Looks like a mini SUV. Small 1600cc engine, which means only RM90 road tax annually (YEAH!), and VERY economical as I get just over 13km out of every litre of fuel for CITY driving :-D.
- Sold my little Toyota Sera, was VERY sad to see her go, but she goes to someone who has been waiting patiently for the last three years for me to REALLY make up my mind to sell her, as he loves the car as much as I do. So at least my little Sera is going to someone who REALLY wants and loves the car. Still a heart ache to let her go, as that was the very last major gift my beloved Ken bought for me before he got sick. And I have been driving that car for the last 6 years. Sigh... still... too much headache worrying about 2 cars, and there was no way I could drive my parents around in the Sera... so she had to go :,(
- And, in between all that, still going for my physical fitness Boot Camp sessions (with an amazing bunch of women, many of whom are fast becoming good friends, and great instructors too!), on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- And last, but not least, still baking for friends, and for family. Opera cakes, apple crumble tarts, banoffee pie, Vanilla sponge, Moist chocolate cake, Mango charlotte, and, just yesterday, first attempt at STICKY BUNS!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! They are YUMMY! Pictures of the sticky buns below:
1) Half the buns finished as of Saturday night :-). Now covered in cling wrap, waiting for further consumption on Sunday!
2) Close up of the buns. Must do them again - but with more of the sticky sauce next time :-D
What else? Oh yes, attended a play yesterday - Nadirah, written by Singaporean playwright Alfian Sa'at! It was really, truly, EXCELLENT. At two points in the play, I found myself in tears. The actors really got into their roles and were so believable. Next time any of his plays are being put up in KL, I WILL GO!!
That's it for now folks.... till next time, have a good day, every day!
MERRY CHRISTMAS
10 years ago
1 comment:
Glad you found a buyer for the Sera! Decided to postpone my quest till after I return from 2 weeks in Peru.
Post a Comment