Thursday, December 27, 2012

Movies galore!

As expected by all, except the Doomsday prophets and pessimists of the world, the world DID NOT END!!!

In the last month (less, actually) I have seen more movies than I usually do in ONE year - including on the big screen AND at home on DVD.

In no particular order:

- Rise of the Guardians (Yep, animation. Yep, enjoyed it. Loved the Sandman character :-D. So cute)
- The Hobbit (OF COURSE, how could I not. Annoyed that I now have to wait another year for part 2, and a further year for part 3!!)
- Les Miserables (with Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway. REAL tear jerker at the end. Brilliant movie! Can't believe how well Anne H and Russell C actually sang. I mean, I know Hugh J can sing - and he sings very well - but the other 2? Wow. Impressed!)
- Life of Pi (incredible the way they did the tiger. I cannot believe he was mostly CGI. So well done. Very surreal. Nerve-racking in parts. VERY enjoyable!)
- Lord of the Rings (Extended version, on DVD. HAD to, before going for Hobbit. Sadly after watching Part 2, my DVD player died. Have to connect up new DVD player now and watch Part 3. Thank God DVD players are so cheap now!)

Next up, on my 'still-to-watch' list, for 2013:

- Jack Reacher (Don't like Tom Cruise, but I like the Reacher books, and want to see how it turns out on screen with a short-arse like TC playing someone who is supposed to be 6'3" tall!! Might get the VCD and watch it at home ...hmmmmmm)
- Hansel & Gretel (Oh Yes... no fairy tale this one! It's got Jeremy Renner at Hansel, so a definite must watch!)
- Jack the Giant Slayer (Another not-so-fairy tale!)
- Iron Man 3
- Star Trek
- Hunger Games 2
- The Hobbit 2

And that is the SHORT list! I'm sure others will be added as the year progresses :-).

Till next time, have a good day, every day!

No comments: