Monday, November 23, 2009

So what's with this Twilight thing?

I don't get it... really!

I watched Twilight on satellite TV last night, only because everyone and his brother and sister were going on and on about the whole "phenomenon". And I DO NOT GET what everyone is oohing and ahhing about. Really!

Edward - erk, talk about a complete wimp - in terms of looks, character, et al. You really don't expect a guy to spend all his time with his head down, looking up through his eye lashes! That's a GIRL thing. He ends up just looking like a coy wimp. Doesn't even have a body to ooh and aah over - too skinny.

OK, I get that it is targetted at teenagers, but then why is that women MY age (closer to the HALF-CENTURY mark than the TEENAGE mark) are gushing over him as well? If I had to gush, I would rather gush over the wolf fella - Jacob - at least he looks good, great hair, though I have yet to see the bod.

Bella... boring, boring, boring. No expression on her face at all times - too angsty, too emo. Is that what it's like nowadays, being a teenager? Hey, I have teenage nephews and nieces, and they are a GREAT bunch of kids - nutty, funny, witty, they have their emo moments, but they are totally level-headed and great to talk to. Don't tell me they are the anomaly and people like Bella are the norm! Doesn't bear thinking about.

And, considering it is a fairly new movie (late 2008), how come it is already released to satellite/cable TV? You mean the legions of fans out there didn't want to pay for the DVDs???

One thing for sure - I am soooo glad I did NOT pay to go see it in the theatre. Would I see the next one in the series - hmmm, only if it showed on TV at a convenient time and I had no other plans for the day. Otherwise, Nah, not worth it.

That's just my point of view!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he he! this is so funny.. I saw this blog link on ur other blog & decided to check out another 'point of view'... and I'm thinking, this sounds sooo like Sheila.. who is this blogger??? And that's when I discover it was indeed you =D
Read an article today in the papers abt why all the hype abt Twilight.. apparently girls nowadays don't want nice guys .. they want the thrill of bad, dangerous guys.. 'they want to be devoured & to devour' !!
C u sat.. & luv to Ken.
Suja