Friday, September 24, 2010

Latest, Latest: Read all about it....

I know.. it has been a very long time. But then, I have been somewhat busy :-p. On my return from the UK and Netherlands I had 3.5 weeks to lose all the weight I gained while I was there (which I did do successfully), and after that, from 5th to 13th September, I went off to Sri Lanka (Trincomalee, Kandy, Nuwara-Eliya, Colombo) with 4 lady friends - Jess, Mercy, Ruku and Maya. It was the first time that the 5 of us have spent time together on a holiday, and it went really really well! We enjoyed each others company a lot, had a great deal of fun, stuffed our faces with the delicious Sri Lankan food (despite the fact that we just did not find it spicy enough, even though we kept requesting them to make it really really HOT!), did some shopping, spent a LOT of time being driven from one town to another over incredibly bumpy and narrow roads, and generally had FUN! The hotels we stayed at where the best within each town, though not necessarily comparable to international 5-stars (other than the Grand Cinnamon in Colombo) there were still excellent hotels, and the service was generally very good wherever we stayed. The Sri Lankans are very friendly people, and they really made us feel welcome.

Returned to KL on 13th Sept, and then on 19th Sept headed to SG for a few days. In fact I have just returned to KL as of today. Actually, I headed to Melaka on 18th Sept, and spent a really nice evening with my brother and his wife (my gorgeous sis-in-law, Premah) and their younger two kids. Sunday morning we were all up early - they headed to KL and I continued my journey to Singapore. I stayed in SG with my lovely friend, Indu, and her sister, Kala. They really made me feel at home, and I was able to meet a lot of other friends too - Louise, Sarah, Peggy, Sandeep/Shilpa, Anita, Hadar, Bilal, Stacy, Tharani, Joanna, Izik, Ronnie. Still got a lot of people to catch up with, but that will now have to wait till my next trip to SG in November (for Tony and Peng's wedding!).

Next trip, in two weeks time, is to Australia :-). First to Melbourne (to see Marilyn and Robert) and then to Perth (to see Geoff and Jan). I have not seen Marilyn and Robert since Ken and my wedding reception in May 1999, while the last time we met Geoff and Jan was in Nov 2005. A lot to catch up on with all of them! And, before that, I still have to lose the rest of the weight that I gained while I was in Sri Lanka, and during my last few days in SG!! And, knowing me, I will definitely have difficulty maintaining my weight while I am in AU too :-p.

I also have a ton of laundry and ironing waiting for me to do, and I have to go get a birthday present for my Dad, continue doing Xmas pressie shopping, check and settle any outstanding bills, run a few other miscellaneous errands, etc. So, till next time, have a great day, every day!

No comments: