Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kitchen closer, closer, getting closer, to 100%. Now it is 98%

Yep. We have a working kitchen again :-). And as of today, the kitchen is 98% complete! So, what, you may ask, is the remaining 2%? OK, so, let's see now - just a little bit of finishing on my granite table top which just got installed today :-). And that would be IT :-D. But, am happy to say, that does NOT stop either my Mum or I from using the kitchen already. All our stuff has been unpacked and put away... and that includes all Ken's cooking and baking stuff which has been sitting in boxes for close to a year already (basically, since I moved from my Mont'Kiara condo back to my PJ house!). So I have my baking area all set up, my Mum has her stuff all set up, and both of us are going through the ongoing process of "Hmmm, I think this should go here, and that should go there"... and we move things here, there, everywhere, till everything is where we want it to be for ease of use. Will take a few more days (or even weeks) I am sure, but it will be a nice process :-).

My parents room is also finished, and their new bathroom. Only missing the bi-fold bathroom door, but that should be in on Thursday, together with the new kitchen door - which will be at the entrance to the kitchen (from the main part of the house), to stop cooking fragrances from wafting through the whole house - particularly the PUNGENT fragrances (ikan kering (aka, salted fish), anyone?).

The side of the house is also sorted - with our new laundry area set up, the garden shed moved to its new site, and all the stuff that was in the shed has been moved back into it! Our kopi-tiam table is back in place, as is our little outside dining table. And, finally, all the outside lights are working (PHEW)! We have also installed Meshtec security doors at the front and side sliding doors - which I absolutely love! No need to use the iron security grilles, and the doors keep the mozzies out :-).

Anyway, here are a series of pictures showing the kitchen, in sequence (of sorts):

1) The view from the entrance to the kitchen. Tall cupboard flush to the wall at the left, and then the long run of cupboards starts...

2) Continuing the view of the long run of cupboards. This is my Mum's side of the kitchen :-)

3) Continuing the view of the long run of cupboards, you can see my lovely big cooker on the left, and the sink further down.

4) Close up of my cooker and that BEAUTIFUL BIG OVEN (in which I just baked 2 loaves of bread)

5) Now a view just straight down the length of the kitchen, from front to back.

6) Now looking to the back door, with my Mum's small fridge on the left, next to the sink, with the water dispenser on top of it. On the right of the back door is the new room for a *future* maid.

7) Continuing round, my Mum's big fridge, which sits with its back to my island. The maids room is on the left of the fridge.

8) This is my baking area :-), with my lovely new SPAR mixer in position. I LOVE the machine. It is QUIET and POWERFUL! Great for doing bread doughs!

9) Looking straight 'into' my baking area. Mixer on left side, my fridge and small oven on the right side.

10) And a better view now of my fridge and the small oven.

And there you have it... a lovely, USABLE kitchen, with LOADS of workspace, and LOADS of storage - most of the upper run of cupboards, esp the top 2 - 3 shelves, are empty :-), and No, that is NOT an invitation to buy more stuff for the kitchen! Well, that's what I keep telling myself anyway, but I already have my eye on a couple more things to acquire... but will tell you about these 'things' only after I acquire them (which may take a few months).

So that's it for today. Till next time folks, have a great day, every day.

No comments: