Doesn't it feel like January was just last week? It does to me! I cannot believe we are already into March. Kinda scary how time seems to go by faster and faster each year :-(.
The big topic of speculation in M'sia is still "When will the elections be?" Closely followed by... "If the opposition wins big, will the current govt declare martial law?" Hmmm... worth thinking about! Do we Malaysians have sufficient faith in our fellow Malaysians who are members of the armed forces, that they will NOT turn their weapons on us ordinary people? Hmmmm... also requires thought! Will we Malaysians, including members of the current govt, be mature enough to accept that the opposition can become the govt and the govt become the opposition? Can we have a proper two-party system? I like to think we can! Anyway, elections have to be held before March 2013, and considering we are already in March 2012, and it takes time to get things moving and shaking, there is not a lot of time left. So, fellow Malaysians... be prepared to VOTE, and vote WISELY!
Life has been fairly quiet since New Year. Our cousins from the US (L&R) were here for 5 weeks and it was really great being able to spend time with them. Very therapeutic for me as well, talking about Ken with L. But, sadly, they are back home in the States, and I do miss them. However, I DO intend to visit them in the States, hopefully this year!
I have not done a lot of baking in the last couple of weeks (since my last posting), but did make CHOCOLATE NY Cheesecake for my nephews birthday, as well as chocolate brownie, and 2 types of scones - plain, and raisin. I LOVED how the scones turned out. So light and tasty that they could just be eaten straight off, without any butter or jam or cream or anything! YUM! The choc NY cheesecake turned out surprisingly good - very rich and chocolatey indeed. The choc brownie was OK... NOT the best thing I have made, so I have to try it again, but bake it for a shorter period of time so it is more chewy and moist. Of course, I have been regularly baking my breads, so we always have fresh home-made bread at home :-).
Here's a picture of the cheesecake and the scones, before they got 'demolished'!
I have been very good about keeping up with my exercising, especially as I have plenty of TIME. I go to the gym Mon/Tues and Wed/Thur, and usually do a 5km jog/walk in as short a time as possible. I like the jogging, as it has really helped to build up my lung power (which, due to asthma, has never been particularly good).... but my gym membership comes to an end this week, and I am not going to renew it. Instead I am taking up a one-month "Fitness Camp" series, starting next Monday, every Monday/Wednesday/Friday for 4 weeks. Then, after that, I shall get back to jogging again, around my housing estate, as there are loads of options for where to jog around here. Shall see how it goes.
Nothing else of any note has happened, so I shall stop here before I put my few but faithful readers to sleep.
Till next time, have a good day, every day!
MERRY CHRISTMAS
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment