Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's still difficult...

It is not possible to keep myself busy all the time.

And when my mind falls into quietness I miss Ken so much it physically hurts. It is hard to realise that there is nobody I can discuss the days activities with - the little and the big things, the funny and sad things, the meaningful and meaningless bits and pieces that make up daily life - I have nobody to share these with. I do not have anyone any more to share even a comfortable and happy silence with. It hurts. A lot. And I don't know what to do.

I go through daily life looking totally calm and collected. I smile and laugh at all the right things. I talk and joke as per normal. I meet my friends, I go shopping with my sister, I take my 2 little nephews for movies, and then I come home, retreat to my room, and find myself totally lost and empty.

Sleep is still hard to come by. If I go to sleep too early, I wake up too early, and lie for hours waiting for it to get light. So when it is time to sleep, I get into bed and then I read, or do Sudoku, until I can't keep my eyes open any longer, in the hope that I can sleep for longer - but long before it gets light, I am awake again, waiting till it is time to get up. I think my parents still can't believe how early I am up and about, compared to those days when I would not get out of bed before 10am if I did not have to!

I moved back to my PJ house on the 22nd Oct, which makes it 2 weeks as of tomorrow that I have moved back with my parents, and I must admit that, so far, it has turned out better than I expected... but maybe it is early days yet. Well, it is kinda nice to know that I am not alone at home (at least in the physical sense), though that does not alleviate the emptiness in my heart. I think my parents are happy to have me here :-p and I know we are all open to giving each other a solid chance for this to work. So, fingers crossed folks!!

This is a long holiday weekend coming up as tomorrow (Friday 5th Nov) is the Deepavali weekend. TonyO and Peng will be driving up from Singapore tomorrow - their last trip to KL before their wedding next weekend! I am looking forward to having them here, as it has been a long time since last we met, especially Peng as she has been in China the last couple of trips I made to SG. They can only stay for one night, but I truly appreciate them taking the time to come visit me, especially when there is so much for them to do in SG before their wedding day!! I already have breakfast planned for tomorrow and Saturday :-), and shopping tomorrow as well! And, as always, having them here does cheer me up a lot.

That's all for now folks, so, till next time, have a great day, every day!

1 comment:

Val said...

Cry and mope if you have to. Let your heal on its own and in its own time. It's difficult (did anyone tell you otherwise ?) but you have been strong, are strong and will continue to be strong and I am proud to be your friend.