Yep, got back from SG and finally celebrated my birthday. Had to think of it as a get-together of good friends, rather than anything else, or I would not have been able to handle it... Anyway, happy to say it went well. The food (catered from Banana Cafe) was excellent, as was their set up, decor, and staff. The company was MORE than excellent - all old friends many of whom go back many years! It was so good to see them all.
Refused to do a birthday cake with all the candles and attendant hoo-ha, so my sister just ordered a whole bunch of yummy cup cakes, all different flavours, with icing. Much easier to serve and eat too!
Next open house get-together is at Xmas - same caterers, slightly different menu, INCLUDING a whole lamb! I can't wait to see that (even though I personally won't be eating it, as I am not a fan of lamb in general :-p)! Xmas shopping is all complete, so next task is to put up the Xmas tree in the first week of Dec, wrap all the Xmas pressies and put them under the tree... and then look forward with pleasure to our annual Xmas family get-together :-). Always great fun when the whole family are together, though this year will be the first Xmas in 12 years that Ken will not be present. My brothers eldest daughter will also not be present (she is in Moscow and their holidays do NOT coincide with Xmas), but then she has missed the Xmas get together for the past 3 years so I guess we are used to it by now. Of course, all her pressies get kept for her anyway! Hmmmm, I have to make sure I stick with my diet for the next one month to lose more weight BEFORE Xmas, as all the yum food available at that time will definitely cause weight gain. Oh yes, must remember to order jam tarts too!
That's it for now folks. Till next time, have a great day, every day!
MERRY CHRISTMAS
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment