Having the tiles in the sunken tub in the master bathroom replaced. The original tiles are black granite, and, unfortunately, unless you are prepared to get on hands and knees and scrub the tiles down after EVERY shower, they look awful. Water marks, lime marks, and badly done grouting, all contribute to the general grotty appearance. SO, the tiles are being replaced - with pale creamy brown non-slip tiles (Did I mention that granite is slippery, and that my husband slipped and almost fell a few times - which would have been awful in his weakened condition! Luckily I was always around to catch him!).
SO, the workers have been here since Monday, and I have been living with the dust since then. It is awful - the dust just covers everything! When the workers leave at 5pm I have to vacuum, dust, and mop - particularly the master bedroom, as there is no way I could sleep with all that dust around me! Also affected are the music area, the dining room, part of the sitting room, the entrance area and the walkway from the entrance to the bathroom. And today I got even more annoyed cos the workers, with their incredibly dust covered feet, decided they could just walk into my bedroom, stand on my beautiful carpet, leaving dusty footprints on it, and change their clothes there. The dust is easy to clean off the carpet with a vacuum UNLESS you walk on it, thereby pressing the dust into the fibres. Called the management office, told them to call their contractor, and get him to tell his workers NOT to walk right into the bedroom, and to go no further than the bathroom door. Have to keep an eye on them tomorrow when they arrive!
The supervisor is coming to check on progress tomorrow, so he can tell me whether they can finish tomorrow (Wed), or whether they will only finish on Thursday. It is NOT a big bathtub, it is NOT replacing every tile in the whole bathroom, I REALLY don't know why they are taking so long. And, No, it is NOT waterproofing holding things up, because the entire underlying cement slab is completely waterproofed, so all they had to do was hack out the granite tiles, clean it up, and then lay the new tiles. Does it REALLY take 4 days????
Anyway, the minute he confirms when they can complete the job, I will be calling up a professional cleaning service to get the WHOLE HOUSE cleaned properly! Including wiping inside cupboards, wiping cupboard doors, room doors, door frames, chairs, tables, bed side tables, dressing tables, dining table and chairs, shelves, bookshelves, etc, etc, etc, ALL vertical and horizontal surfaces basically :-p, followed by vacuuming, mopping... and, then, when all that is done, I have to take down all the curtains, put up the spare set, and then get the current set nicely cleaned. Sigh. I hope no further work is required on this house for many years ahead.
Till next time... AH CHOOOOOO!
MERRY CHRISTMAS
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment