Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh boy... busy week!

Have been in Singapore since Thursday 8th April, and have been pretty busy since then. Spent all of Friday and Saturday to go and sort out and settle the car loan, then the insurance, then the road tax! I actually walked pretty much every where on Friday, so it was great exercise too! Friday evening was dinner with a bunch of absolutely wonderful women, and Saturday afternoon and evening was spent with Grace and Mo at their home. I must admit, when I first walked into their home, I "almost" wanted to rush out straight away, as there was an over-abundance of little children (all girls) in there, causing total havoc and noise. Phew.. I DID survive it though, but I also had to admit to Grace that the reason I have never taken up their invitation to come and stay with them is purely the children :-p. I am not too great at handling the chaos that little kids are surrounded with, even if I do rather like the kids!

Sunday was great fun - met up with a whole bunch of ex-colleagues (a totally great bunch of people) from my days in ICUS. Some of us have not seen each other for 7 years, and it was amazing to meet again, and exclaim over how nobody seemed to have aged at all (Fatter, Yes... Older, No!!), and this was then followed by tea with Cathy. As you can imagine, 2 major rounds of eating really left me feeling like a stuffed pig, so I walked back home after that to try and make myself feel less guilty for eating so much :-p.

My original plans for Monday lunch got cancelled, so had lunch with Louise and Grace instead (thank you, ladies, for being able to make it so last minute!), then went with Grace to visit her parents, then home again just in time to go out for dinner with Tony and Peng. Oh boy, talk about another day of eating too much! I NEED TO DIET! URGENTLY!!

Today (Tuesday) was a very quiet day in the sense that I did not actually go anywhere. Was house-sitting for Tony and Peng, while the aircon guys came in and replaced all their air-conditioners - kudos to the landlady who, on receiving a detailed list of problems regarding the aircons, did not hesitate to immediately have then replaced without any quibbling! There should be more such landlords/landladies around!

Tomorrow, back to KL. Thursday is my sisters birthday - so am treating her (and myself, :-p ) to a spa pedicure. We are being joined by Suja, and also my sis-in-law (Prem) and her daughter (my wonderful #2 niece, Anila), as it is a public holiday in Melaka, so they are all coming to KL, and Anila is treating Prem to a manicure/pedicure as her birthday treat (Prem's birthday is on Friday!).

Then, until mid-June, I have pretty much a lot of downtime with nothing planned as such. I guess I will still be seeing my family and my friends in between, but I also know that I am going to have a lot of time on my own, a lot of time to think about Ken and miss him, and hopefully to accept his departure and not spend so much time being depressed about the fact that I don't have him with me anymore.

So, friends, as always, enjoy life, appreciate your loved ones, and always try and see the bright side of life.

Till next time......

No comments: