It was my sister's older boys 12th birthday recently, and I had promised to take him to see his choice of movie in GOLD CLASS as his birthday treat. Of course, that means I take his mother (ie, my sister) and his younger brother along too - so today we went to see Alice in Wonderland, at the 1-Utama Gold Class cinema. Nice :-). Comfy recliner seats in pairs, with loads of space and only about 30 seats in all, food served in the cinema, and an interesting take on Alice. That was followed by lunch, and then I had to get home asap as Tony and Peng had arrived from SG - they are attending the Irish Ball in KL even as I type this.
Dropped them at the KL Sentral Hilton at 7.30pm, and met up with Efy and Sianny for dinner at the Chinese restaurant there. I guess the food was sort of OK (not as good as I had expected) but the company was great - we sat and talked till way past 10pm.
Tomorrow morning Grace and Shanti arrive from SG, and we have breakfast planned at J&R, followed by lunch at my parents place in PJ. Tony and Peng leave home at 1pm to catch the 3pm flight back to SG. Grace and Shanti are staying till Monday afternoon - when I drop them off at the LCCT to catch their flight home, then I drive round to the KLIA to pick up Ben and Christine who are flying in from Holland!
On Tuesday, Ben, Christine and I will head to SG (they will stay with their friend, while I stay with Tony and Peng). We will be in SG for a week, while I get some admin stuff completed (to report Ken's demise to the relevant govt agencies there) and I will meet up with various friends of Kens and mine.
We return to KL on Mon 22nd March, then probably spend 23rd to 26th March at Tioman or Redang or Langkawi - all three of these islands are places that Ken absolutely loved, and I plan to release SOME of Ken's ashes in the sea so that part of him will always be enjoying the tropical waters that he loved so much!
After that, on 27th March I have a friends sons wedding to attend, then a few days relaxing in KL with B & C before they fly back to Holland on 31st March!
So, as you can see, life is going to be busy for the next 2.5 weeks. It will help to keep me occupied during the day, so I guess I won't have too much time to miss Ken during the daylight hours (Let's not go into the night hours. I will just say, Yes, it is still difficult, and let's leave it at that).
More updates after the busy period is over!
Update: Sun 14th March
===============
Grace and Shanti NOT arriving today as planned. Haze is very very bad in SG and Grace, who suffers badly from asthma, had a bad attack of asthma last night. Grace, get well and STAY well, PLEASE. I hold you in my heart and in my prayers. I guess, for lack of company this evening, house cleaning is on the cards for me :-p.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment