I don't know how I would have managed the last few weeks without family and friends. Almost every single day somebody, either family or friend, will either call, or come by to see me. My parents call practically every second day, my mum will cook and drop off food for me, my sister will drop by to see me, my brother calls me. Friends who are far are on chat (either MSN or Skype) very often. Friends who are nearby drop by to check on me to make sure I am OK... or get me out of the house to have lunch, or tea, or dinner or something.
I don't think there is a concerted PLAN on anybody's part, and I know that people are not getting together and planning these visits and calls, as my various groups of friends don't all know each other. And, yet, somehow, it works out.
The loss of my husband has left me with a huge gap in my life, but my family and friends are making sure that this 'gap' is not overwhelming me to the point where I cannot keep going.
So, this is a THANK YOU to all of you. For taking the time and the trouble to check on me to make sure I am still "surviving" the loss of my beloved husband.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for caring!
MERRY CHRISTMAS
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment